Complaints Procedure for a Scrivener Notary
- This notarial practice is regulated by the Master of the Faculties pursuant to the Legal Services Act 2007 through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
London SW1P 3JT
Telephone: 020 7222 5381
- If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received from me please do not hesitate to contact me.
- If I am unable to resolve the matter, you may then complain to The Scriveners Company, which has a role in the regulation of scrivener notaries. Please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to the following address:
The Scriveners Company,
London WC2R 2PN
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
The Company will arrange for your complaint to be considered by a panel of 3 individuals who will be independent of the Scrivener Notary against whom the complaint has been made. The procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to telephone the Clerk of the Company for assistance on 020 7240 0529.
- If you remain dissatisfied you may make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman at the end of the Scriveners Company’s Complaints Procedure or after eight weeks have elapsed from the date on which you made your complaint to me:
PO Box 6806
Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
- If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the initial complaint process.